1. What is your name, business name & where do you live?
Regina Pastrano, Regina P Designs, Northwestern Pennsylvania
2. What are 3 adjectives that best define your business.
Spirit-led, Coffee-fueled, versatile
3. How did you get started designing?
I didn't even realize I was a designer until someone asked me for the pattern for one of my creations about 10 years ago. Apparently I had been designing for many years, but never thought of myself that way. In all honesty I think I became a designer about the age of 8 when I began drawing sketches for clothing for my dolls. Being a legitimate pattern writer didn't come until about 6 years ago when I decided to decipher my chicken scratch shorthand patterns into something other people could actually follow.
4. Favorite part of designing?
Just sitting down with a ball of yarn and my favorite Boye brand hooks and letting the spirit lead my hands to create a new stitch pattern which I then turn into everything under the sun.
5. What is most important to you when choosing yarn for a design? Look? Feel? Weight?
Definitely feel! If i can't stand to work with it I don't want to force my buyers to endure it either.
6. Do you have a favorite yarn?
Honestly it changes off and on. I started working with Yarn Bee Soft & Sleek a little over a year ago and I just can't get enough of it.
7. Which project are you most proud of?
That's a hard one!! I guess right now it's a toss up between my Miriam Throw and my Hodgepodge Shawl.
8. What inspires you when you create?
Truly everything. It must be just the world around me and the Holy Spirit because I really have no idea where most of it comes from.
9. If you could tell a beginner one thing about crochet, what would it be?
Count your stitches and never get over confident. Too many butterfly shaped items were made by these hands over 30 years ago because I didn't know to count. Also there is too much to learn in this art to think we know it all. I'm still learning new things all the time even after all these years.
10. Where can we find you online?